Salary: 25-30K Basic Salary
Contact: Frankie Chantell
Legal Search Firm Associate (2-4 Years + Experience)
Our client, a specialist legal search firm are currently focused on placing lawyers within distinct practices such as Corporate, Bank Finance, Regulatory and Funds. Whilst they have entrenched relationships in these areas, they are also looking to build and develop new practices such as Real Estate/Property and Tech related areas. They focus on placing best in class Associates and Partners with leading law firms in the London market – although they also place lawyers into other jurisdictions. They focus on Partner level recruitment, but they also have a number of very credible and experienced individuals who focus on hiring at the Associate level. Key attributes underlying their business include A) quality (i.e., quality recruiters, quality training and systems, quality of our offering) and B) quantity (i.e., the focus is on turnover and profitability with a view to increasing everyone’s overall yearly earnings).
The Directors focus on hiring partners across UK and US law firms in the London market and work with those who are best in class. The person hired will essentially shadow him for the first 0-3 months and essentially learn what good looks like. That said, they will also be exposed to our associate team and the opportunities they are mandated on. In so doing, the Research Associate/Associate will be responsible for and involved in:
- Building and maintaining relationships with law firms, partners, associates and recruitment professionals.
- Profiling candidates across our core areas using various sources, mainly headhunting.
- Arranging meetings with these candidates.
- Attending candidate and client meetings and writing post meeting notes, candidate profiles and ensuring that we are actioning points discussed during these meetings.
- Scheduling interviews between candidates and clients.
- Shortlisting candidates for interviews with clients and managing the recruitment process.
- Undertaking research for candidates (typically on the market) and clients (competitor analysis, due diligence reports, etc).
- Performing in-depth market research.
- Project-based work including building strategic databases.
- Displays positive qualities and attributes
- Provides support and help to new and less experienced colleagues
- The positive contributor to group events
- Generates candidates through headhunting, referrals and networking
- Builds effective relationships with candidates through regular candidate updates
- Develops effective interview style to conduct effective candidate meetings independently
- Creative and energetic approach to candidate generation and marketing
The person hired will receive maximum exposure to the director who has 18 years’ experience in the London recruitment market. Consequently, they will get to understand what a good candidate looks like. As a company leading recruiters in the London legal market, they have many entrenched relationships the individual will get immediate access to. Due to working across specific sectors, the intellectual capital gained will be second to none. They will also benefit from working within a boutique environment and will subsequently be able to build their own business within a business.
Finally, our client is looking for someone who will be accretive to their brand and growth. They will have the opportunity to be instrumental in the company’s growth whilst having the scope to progress quickly and take the next step in their career. The firm offers its employees the flexibility to undertake a combination of contingent and search work – it is for the individual to decide how much or how little you want to do.
If you think you are suited to this role, please get in touch with Frankie today!
To keep up to date with all things RULE, Connect with us on LinkedIn!